The Awards committee develops and maintains all submissions and approvals awards and honors granted by NAYGN. The committee annually solicits nominations for awards and honors in accordance with the guidance for each award or honors. The Awards Chair shall be appointed annually by the President. The NAYGN Communications Chair is the core liaison to this committee.
The awards (see detailed award criteria here)
- Excellence Award: This award is given to individuals or groups who have put in significant effort to accomplish NAYGN’s mission.
- Best Chapter in Region: This Award recognizes the efforts of local NAYGN chapters for services related to the growth of members through social, community service, and professional growth activities. This award salutes chapters for overall excellence in supporting NAYGN’s mission and members and serving the industry.
- Best Chapter in Knowledge Transfer and Retention: This Award recognizes a local chapter’s committment to addressing Knowledge Transfer and Retention (KTR) in the nuclear industry. This award salutes chapters for meeting NAYGN KTR objectives and innovating/advancing KTR practices. Special consideration is given to chapters that corroborate their achievements with references or other recognition.
- Chapter Achievement Award: This award is given from those selected from the Best Chapter in the Region and is presented as a suprise at the NAYGN Annual Professional Development Conference.
- Future Award: This award recognizes the efforts of an individual, or a group that best exemplifies the mission of NAYGN to prepare and plan for the future of the young generation in the field of nuclear science and technology in an innovative or unique way.
- Founder’s Award: In 1999, seven people set forth to create an organization that embodied the spirit of young professionals in the nuclear industry. Their goal was to provide an organization that united these young professionals who believe in nuclear science and technology and are working together throughout North America to share their passion. This is the highest award given by NAYGN to an individual. It is presented to a member of NAYGN who exemplifies the efforts of the organization’s Founders.
- Hairston Award: To recognize an executive who has gone above and beyond to support NAYGN by 1) Furthering NAYGN with their executive peers, 2) Supporting both their local and continental chapters of NAYGN (including financially), 3) Spending time mentoring the organization. The Hairston Award winner is determined solely by the NAYGN Core and it is not necessarily given out every year.