- A record breaking 5,025 postcards were sent to local and state government officials as part of the 2016 Postcard Push Day!
- Please congratulate the following 2nd Quarter Excellence Award winners!
- This is the last week for 3rd Quarter Excellence Awards nominations. Nominate someone in your chapter or committee for their exceptional performance, effective leadership, committed service, and enthusiasm. Nominations close October 28th.
- Please welcome our new Canadian Affairs Chair Andrew Ali!
- Time is running out, and if action is not taken, Illinois may lose 23% of its clean power with the early retirement of the Clinton and Quad Cities Nuclear Plants. Losing these plants would result in:
- An additional 2 million cars worth of emissions from the switch to fossil fuels
- More asthma and deaths from fossil fuel pollution
- 800+ jobs lost
- Continued decline of nuclear power that will make deploying advanced nuclear more difficult
- Did you miss the Exercising Your Nuclear Advocacy Voice Webinar? If so, email Jamie Williams for a direct link to view the recording.
- Sign up now for the Save the Nukes leadership summit this weekend! It’s a night of advocacy training (and pizza!) followed by a morning march to save the Clinton and Quad Cities plants.
- Registration for the combined Northeast-Atlantic Regional conference “Bettering You for Nuclear Success” in Berwick, PA October 27-29th is now open. Contact Brendan Miller with any questions.
- Registration is open for Carolinas Regional Event #4 “The Future of Nuclear” in Charlotte, NC on November 18th. Contact Courtney Tampas with any questions.
- Save the date for the Midwest Regional Event December 1st-2nd at the DTE headquarters in Detroit, MI.
- End of the year metrics are due December 14th. You can snag the template here.
- The 2016 Drawing and Essay Contest is in full swing. All submissions are due by March 3rd.
- Send an email or tweet to Illinois legislators. It’s the quickest and easiest way to help save Clinton and Quad and fight climate change.
- OR Write a quick letter to the editor using these facts and tips
- Are you interested in learning how to leverage social media to improve your communications? If so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help.