NAYGN Carolinas Regional Conference 2020
Follow the Eventbrite link below to register. Registration is required to participate in the virtual conference.
Early registrants are receiving a free care package in the mail containing snacks, drinks, and an NAYGN face mask. Unfortunately, it’s too late to request a care package if you sign up after 10/14.
There is no deadline to register – registration will remain open until the date of the conference. You will receive email updates as we approach the conference, including instructions on how to join the virtual Microsoft Teams stream for each session. Teams works via the Microsoft Teams application or via a web browser (so downloading the Microsoft Teams application is not required to participate)
Itinerary: You will receive an email calendar invite for each event. The itinerary is also available at the bottom of this email.
Care Package: The care packages are in the mail now! If you requested one, you should expect to receive it between 10/16 – 10/20.
NOTE: The care packages contain individually wrapped food/candy/etc. Individually packaged items containing known allergens (such as peanuts) will be in the care packages. Please contact me if you need me to screen your package to remove any items.
Nuclear Science Week Outreach: Please support NAYGN’s efforts for Nuclear Science Week 2020 (during the conference, 10/19 – 10/23). Provide your information via this survey if you would like to participate: 2020_CRC_Outreach_Survey_Link.
Virtual Conference Link: We will be using Microsoft Teams for the virtual conference. You must register to receive the conference link via email.
Monday, October 19:
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (EST) | Our Fusion Future | Moderated by Jay Dauenhauer (Energy Cast Podcast)
- Michael Cappello—General Fusion
- Tyler Ellis—Commonwealth Fusion Systems
- Kathy McCarthy—Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Artem Smirnov—TAE Technologies
Tuesday, October 20:
- 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm (EST) | Inclusive Leadership: an NAYGN Perspective
- Jack Lemmer—Duke Energy NAYGN Chapter Lead Elect
- Lee Causey—NAYGN Past-President
- 2:50 pm – 3:00 pm (EST) | Coffee Break Between Sessions
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (EST) | NuScale Presentation with Q&A | Moderated by Jay Dauenhauer (Energy Cast Podcast)
- Dominick Claudio—NuScale Power
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (EST) | Amazon WatchParty viewing of Radioactive
- Grab some popcorn and snacks from your NAYGN care-package and join us for a “WatchParty” viewing of the new film Radioactive.
Wednesday, October 21:
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm (EST) | VC Summer Lessons Learned | Moderated by Jeremy Miller (Dominion Energy)
- Peter Thomopoulos | Fmr. Project Manager, Westinghouse | Sr. Project Manager, Duke Energy
- Gary Cook | Fmr. Project Manager, Westinghouse | Project Manager, Duke Energy
- Miguel Gonzalez | Fmr. Project Manager, Westinghouse | Project Manager, Duke Energy
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm | Private Virtual Mixology Class | Fancy Sips
- Grab the provided ingredients from your NAYGN care-package and join us for a private virtual mixology class!
- Note: not all ingredients are provided. You should have received a shopping list with the mixology calendar invite.
Thursday, October 22:
- 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm (EST) | 10 Tips for Financial Independence | Joel and Matt – How to Money Podcast
Joel and Matt are best friends who love good beer and talking about money! While finding creative ways to save money is practically their pastime, Joel and Matt still strive to live a rich life in the areas that matter.
That’s why How to Money was started – to tell money stories that matter. Joel and Matt believe that when you decide to handle the money you have in a purposeful, thoughtful way that works for your lifestyle, you can really start living a rich life.
- 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm (EST) | Conference Closing Remark