Habits and routines are more important than ever right now. There are a few ways to go about starting a new habit and that’s why we’ve started the #U235Challenge!
- U : You
- 2 : Work on two new habits
- 3 : Practice your habit at least three times a week
- 5 : For 5 minutes a day over the course of 5 weeks
The goal of the challenge is simple. Commit a few minutes each day to bettering yourself and your surroundings. Track your habits using a habit tracker and mark off when you’ve completed a habit.
At the end of each week you’ll assess if want to add two more 5 minute habits to your routine or focus on building up the stamina for your existing habits by adding an on extra 5 minutes.
We’ve developed two habit trackers for you to use:
The first habit tracker works to the goal of building up to ten 5 minutes habits by introducing two new habits each week.
The second habit tracker allows for more flexibility on how you want to form your habit goals.
For this habit tracker, the goal will be to start with two 5 minute habits. Then, at the end of the first week, you’ll assess if you’d like to start two new additional habits or build up the stamina for your week one habits by adding on 5 extra minutes. At the end of week two, you’ll do the same assessment for adding two new habits or adding 5 more minutes to the existing. This will continue until the challenge is complete.
So, each new week you’ll either:
- Add two new habits
- Add one new habit and +5 minutes to an existing habit
- +5 minutes to two existing habits.
At the end of the challenge, your habits may look like:
- 2 habits for 25 minutes
- 10 habits you work for 5 minutes
- 6 habits split up like:
- 3 habits for 5 minutes
- 2 habits for 10 minutes
- 1 habit for 15 minutes
Now for some habit ideas!
- Listen to a favorite song
- Text, call, email a friend or family member
- Make a To-Do list
- Organize a drawer, cupboard, cabinet
- Make the bed
- Tidy a room
- Practice an instrument
- Write a short story
- Take a picture of outside
- Plan a dinner
- Run the vacuum
- Exercise (pushups, planks, lunges, run, etc.)
- Go for a quick walk
- Read a book
- Unsubsribe from marketing emails
- Build a puzzle
- Delete unread emails
- Clear phone notifications
- Signup for a free online class or workshop
- Watch an educational video
- Watch a funny video
- Virtually volunteer
- Send a card
- Clean the bathroom
- Eat a healthy snack
- Take a brain break
- Organize opened mail