- Election Time! Be sure to get your vote in before polls close at 5pm on March 3rd! The 2014 NAYGN Core (Board of Directors) Elections and our annual all-membership reset are here. This year we are also voting on proposed changes to our bylaws. Please see https://naygn.org/about-us/positions-needed/ for election information. Get acquainted with the candidates by reading their profiles: https://naygn.org/2014-election/ Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- NAYGN Awards Nominations are open! Be sure to get your nominations in before 5pm on Wednesday, March 12. Check out the website for details on nomination criteria. Click here to nominate an individual or group. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congratulations and welcome to our newest NAYGN chapters:
WCNOC (Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Co)
Virgil C Summer Nuclear Station (VCSNS)
We’re extremely excited to have a chapter at VC Summer and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN!
- Registration for the NAYGN Professional Development conference is now open! The conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 18 – 20, 2014. Click here to register and find out more information!
- The Awards Committee is looking for volunteers to help with the 2014 awards process by reading nominations and voting for the winners. The time commitment is from now through March 31. If you are looking for a way to get more involved with NAYGN, this is an excellent opportunity! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Is someone in your local NAYGN chapter making a difference? Do you have great events or activities going on in your NAYGN chapter that are worth sharing? Go Nuke would like to shine the spotlight on you. Send details and pictures to, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing about your great work.
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 3:00p.m. EST NEI and the nuclear energy industry are launching a new multi-year advocacy campaign in the coming weeks. Developed at the direction of NEI’s Executive Committee, the campaign is to focus on nuclear energy’s value proposition, building awareness of the industry’s market challenges and the consequences of more plant closures. As members of NAYGN and U.S. WIN, you are invited to participate in a webinar hosted by NEI, featuring Scott Peterson, Senior Vice President of Communications, to learn more about the advocacy campaign and how you can get involved. Please arrange local chapter gatherings for this webinar. RSVP to Richiey Hayes at email@example.com for webinar instructions. Questions: Christine Csizmadia firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be informed that registration for IYNC 2014 is now open at http://www.iync.org/. July 6-12 in Buros, Spain, the IYNC agenda is filled with cultural activities, receptions, technical tours and more!