- Is someone in your local NAYGN chapter making a difference? Do you have great events or activities going on in your NAYGN chapter that are worth sharing? Go Nuke would like to shine the spotlight on you. Send details and pictures to, email@example.com. These materials will be used to populate our website blog and may be referenced/duplicated on our Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages. We look forward to hearing about your great work.
- October 21 to 25, 2013 is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning your outreach activities for National Nuclear Science Week. There are lots of ideas and materials available on the NNSW website. Check it out: http://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/
- IYNC is looking for workshop managers. A total of 15 workshops will be organized at IYNC 2014 in Burgos, Spain. The idea of the IYNC workshops is to be interactivewith a small group of participants (maximum 40). The workshop participants willperform a task (e.g.: a game or brainstorming session) and present the output.Each workshop will be managed by a “Workshop Manager.” For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please join Tony Pietrangelo and Richard Myers for a special NAYGN webinar focused on The Future of the Nuclear Energy Industry. These NEI executives will provide information on the industry’s recent plant closings and explain how financial and political influences are affecting the industry’s future.
Please Note: This webinar is expected to be heavily attended and may challenge the webinar capabilities. Before registering as an individual, NAYGN requests that you please first consider attending this webinar with your chapter as a group event. Priority will be given to group registrants – so please identify your chapter name when registering.
Title: The Future of the Nuclear Energy Industry
Date: Wednesday, September 18
Time: 2 p.m. eastern
- Registration is now open for the Young Professional Congress (YPC), held in conjunction with the 2013 ANS Winter meeting! The ANS Young Members Group (YMG) and the North American Young Generation of Nuclear (NAYGN) designed this one-day program to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry. The sessions will provide actionable skills development and broad networking opportunities for all attendees.When: Saturday, November 9, 2013Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.CYPC-only registration is only $35 for ANS members and $75 for non-members. It is complimentary if you register for the full ANS Winter Meeting.Register here: https://ssl.ans.org/meetings/winter/registration/ (the YPC only attendance option checkbox is at the bottom of the registration form.In addition, please note your intent to attend YPC on the following form. Note that this will not register you for the session. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EdsEbwvWKRjRSX3u4J4qErKZilAsN6VoNiggf9DBBmk/viewformFor more information, please go to http://ymg.ans.org/ypc/
- Don’t forget about the Southeast Regional Conference! TVA will be hosting the conference at the Sheraton Read House. We will have community service and a reception on the 10th, full day of sessions on the 11th and 12th and technical tours on the 13th. Please start talking to your managers/supervisors now so that you can attend.
Registration Is OPEN!
Registration: $50 member/ $75 non-member- Early Registration till Aug 21st
$75 member/ $100 non-member- Regular Registration
To become a registered member, sign up HERE! It’s free!
To register for the conference, register HERE!
Please check the website for updates and details: 2013 NAYGN Southeast Regional Conference
- The NAYGN Post-Professional Development Seminar
Report – 2013” held in Toronto on June 9, 2013 – sponsored by Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS) is now available. Click on this link to learn more! https://naygn.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-NAYGN-Canada-Professional-Development-Seminar-Report.pdf
Also in the News…
- NAYGN members have the opportunity to receive a Public Information kit from NEI which include the following:
§ Imitation fuel pellets
§ Nuclear energy educational poster from the National Energy Foundation
§ Nuclear Advocacy Network flyers
§ Workforce development brochures
§ “Just the Facts” brochures § Pro-nuclear stickers
§ ANS educational packet (waiting on confirmation)
§ NAYGN’s Nuke 101 with Nuclear Videos on DVD (k-12 outreach materials)
§ NA-YGN Rules and Tips for Public Engagement
Tell your local chapter lead to respond to this survey with your chapter’s shipping information to order one today! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGZMPRH
- The First call for summaries for IYNC 2014 has been released. The deadline to submit summaries for the conference in Burgos, Spain, 6-12 July 2014, is October 15th, 2013.For more information, please visit the new IYNC website, available at http://www.iync.org/.
- NEI just launched its new website at NEI.org, significantly enhancing features and making it faster and more searchable so you can find the nuclear energy information you need.What’s new? We’ve made our most popular products – technical reports and talking points – available as soon as you log in to the site. Also, our industry’s story is told in a more visually compelling way through photos, infographics and videos. Send us your stories today.Tell us what you think and share the new NEI.org with colleagues and friends!