Interested in attending the Midwest Regional Conference? – Take a look below under Events!
- Please join me in welcoming our newest NAYGN chapter: Markham (Worley Parsons) to the Ontario region. Mohamad El Makdah is serving as the inaugural local chapter lead.
- URGENT!! DRAWING CONTEST SUBMISSIONS DUE!!: We are getting close to the end of the NAYGN PI Drawing Contest and we want to make sure we get all of the NAYGN Local Chapter Submissions. We have extended the due date to NOVEMBER 21st, 2014.How to submit:
- Upload your chapter’s top 10 drawings (in .pdf format), any photo or video taken during the classroom visit, and waivers for all children featured, to the PI Committee’s DropBox account:
o Go to: http://www.dropbox.com
- Login: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: pi2014
- In your submission, indicate chapter lead’s name and email, the total number of students who participated in the presentations, and the total number of entries received.
- If you are unable to submit your materials via DropBox for any reason, please send them to Alejandra Villarreal email@example.com.
If you are a Local Chapter Lead and want more information regarding drawing contest submissions please ensure to participate in the LCL webinar this Thursday. If you have further questions about HOW TO SUBMIT your drawings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you know: The EPA is proposing a Clean Power Plan rule to regulate carbon emissions from electric power plants in the U.S. Although nuclear energy is essential to achieve realistic low-carbon power generation, the EPA’s proposed rule has a controversial recognition of nuclear power plants. Comments on the proposed rule are open until December 1, 2014
The NAYGN Core is pleased to announce that Steve Ward is the Interim NAYGN Treasurer, effective November 1, 2014. Steve replaces Tae Wook Ahn, who had to step down from the position. The Core wishes to express its thanks to Tae for his service. Steve has served on NAYGN PD Committee and Communications Committee and brings a great deal of leadership in many professional societies to the Core. Please note that the NAYGN Treasurer email handle, email@example.com automatically forwards to Steve now. Please use this email address for all correspondence.
- The extended deadline for submission of Abstracts for the CNS-2015 Annual Conference is fast approaching. The short (100 words) Abstract is due November 15th, 2014. You may submit your abstract at http://www.softconf.com/f/
CNS2015Technical/. For further information on the Conference, visit http://www.cnsconference2015. org. Please share with your colleagues.
- The Canadian Nuclear Society has announced the call for nominations for the 2015 Nuclear Achievement Awards (jointly sponsored by the CNS and CNA). These Awards represent an opportunity to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions, technical and non-technical, to various aspects of nuclear science and technology in Canada. The deadline to submit nominations is January 16, 2015. The Awards will be officially presented during the CNS Annual Conference held May 31 – June 3, 2015 in Saint John, New Brunswick. For more information, please visit: http://cns-snc.ca/awards.
- The 2015 Professional Development Conference will be held in conjunction with the Nuclear Energy Assembly in Washington, D.C. from May 12-14, 2015. It’s not too late to get involved with the planning and logistics of the conference. If you’re interested in supporting the PD Committee and be a part of the 2015 conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org. As a sneak peak, NAYGN attendees will have multiple professional development opportunities during the conference to expand their knowledge on all things related to “Nuclear Dollars and Sense” and expanded opportunities to network with industry executives. Breakout sessions and workshops will focus on how energy markets work, proposal writing, business development, and the financial decisions faced by nuclear utilities and vendors. The location of the conference will allow members to participate in a US congressional hill day.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below events.
- Midwest Region Conference – December 11 – 13
- Taking the Canadian Nuclear Supply Chain to the World – November 20