Happy Holidays from NAYGN!
- ANS is seeking ways to better serve young professionals who are or have worked for nuclear utilities. If you fall into that category, ANS would appreciate your input by taking a voluntary survey. If you have any questions, please contact Michael.email@example.com.
- NAYGN in Action – At the 2014 NAYGN Annual Conference, Shonique Miller won the first NAYGN Innovation Competition with her idea of an industry‑wide knowledge transfer platform – “the Hub.” In short, The Hub is envisioned as an online repository for video tutorials, message forums, interactive OE, and virtual networking and collaboration with Subject Matter Experts across the industry. Shonique is presenting the Hub to industry executives at the NSIAC meeting on December 11. The near-term plan is to assemble an industry-wide Task Force to define the resources and process to develop the Hub. As a new and innovative grassroots initiative, the Hub needs support and advertisement from NAYGN members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Hub or to become involved with the planning.
- Call for 2015 NAYGN Officer nominations!! 2015 elections will be held for Vice President, Communications Chair, Public Information Chair, US Affairs Chair and a special election for Treasurer will be conducted. To make a nomination, contact email@example.com. Deadline for nominations is January 10, 2015.
- INMM Call for Abstracts: Be a Part of the Premier Meeting in Nuclear Materials Management! Submit an Abstract for the INMM 56th Annual Meeting. Get complete details on the INMM Website.
- Are you interested in submitting a technical paper or poster to the ENYGF (European Nuclear Young Generation Forum) 2015 conference? The deadline for submissions has been extended to January 9, 2015! The forum will be held in Paris, France in July of 2015. NAYGN members are encouraged to submit their papers, more information can be found here.
- The Canadian Nuclear Society has announced the call for nominations for the 2015 Nuclear Achievement Awards (jointly sponsored by the CNS and CNA). These Awards represent an opportunity to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions, technical and non-technical, to various aspects of nuclear science and technology in Canada. The deadline to submit nominations is January 16, 2015. The Awards will be officially presented during the CNS Annual Conference held May 31 – June 3, 2015 in Saint John, New Brunswick. For more information, please visit: http://cns-snc.ca/awards.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below events.
- NAYGN 101 Webinar – January 29, 2015
- Meet the Candidates Webinar – February 11, 2015