- ANS is seeking young utility professionals to help steer the direction of the Utility Working Conference “Nuclear Sustainability – Rising to the Challenge.” If you have interest in helping to organize breakout sessions or writing recommendation, please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are or have been a utility worker and have not had an opportunity to take the voluntary survey, please do so.
- Announcing the 2014 NAYGN Drawing Contest Winner: Congratulations to Brooke Banninger of North Coventry Elementary / Exelon East Chapter! We received a record high number of 46,131 votes this year! Thanks to everyone for your support of these finalists and the drawing contest. Second place goes to Izzy Lowe of Bartley Elementary / Callaway Chapter, and Third place to Presley St. Andre of Jefferson Elementary / Fermi Chapter! Honorable mentions go to Sruthi Kannan of Fuller Elementary / Duke Energy Chapter and Amanda Khoury of Penn Beach Elementary / PSEG Chapter. Great job everyone! Click HERE to see the winning posters!
- The Recruiting and Retention Committee is proud to present its newest initiative to communicate best practices and share creative ideas: the Focus. In the first edition, NAYGN President Felix Meissner discusses leadership, the future of the nuclear industry, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If you have a recommendation for the next Focus, please contact email@example.com.
- The Importance of Nuclear Energy Plants to Ohio Nuclear Matters is hosting their fifth in-state events that will feature a discussion of the United States’ energy portfolio and the value of existing nuclear energy plants in Ohio. The conversation will address the economic, carbon-free and reliability benefits of nuclear energy, as well as the challenges facing the industry. Featured speakers are Senator Judd Gregg, Carol Browner, Jim Lash and Larry Tscherne. NAYGN members are invited to attend! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.orgDate: Thursday, February 5, 2015Time: 10:00 AM Arrival; 11:00 – 12:00 Presentation; 12:00 — 1:00 Lunch
Location: Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station, Toledo OH
- The NAYGN Sponsorship Committee is looking for Volunteers! This committee is responsible for working with local chapters and industry executives to ensure NAYGN is funded to fulfill our mission. The work is flexible and an easy way to get involved in leadership. It’s a great chance to get to know other NAYGN leaders from around the continent. To learn more or volunteer, contact email@example.com.
- The NAYGN Awards Committee is looking for Volunteers! We will be working on nominations for the 2015 conference and a new Excellence Award process. If you are looking for ways to get more involved in the organization, this is the perfect opportunity! To learn more or volunteer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below events.
- NAYGN 101 Webinar – January 29, 2015
- Meet the Candidates Webinar – February 11, 2015