- Our nation’s nuclear energy plants are vital national assets. Join Nuclear Matters to help us inform the public about the clear benefits that nuclear energy provides to our nation, raise awareness of the economic challenges to nuclear energy that threaten those benefits, and to work with stakeholders to explore possible policy solutions that properly value nuclear energy. Visit our website and sign-up to receive the latest information on the campaign and the tools you will need to tell everyone why nuclear matters.
Mark Your Calendar!!! Public Information Webinar “School Outreach Lessons Learned” will be held on August 28th 2014. This webinar will be an engaging discussion about the school presentations each NAYGN chapter utilizes. Which will lead into a discussion of what are some of the lessons learned in each of these events. This will include a review of the nuclear fundamentals presentations that are available to be used as presentations. (nuclearfundamentals.org) Registration will be available soon.
- Look out for the 2014 Public Information Drawing Contest. This year’s theme and more information will be provided soon!! NAYGN Chapter Leads will be debriefed this month and more information will be provided in the upcoming months. For more information or questions regarding the 2014 Drawing Contest please email email@example.com.
- Have you heard of POSTCARD PUSH DAY or the LOCAL TOWN HALL TAKEOVER Week??? The Public Information Committee will be taking over the months of September and October with events to help each NAYGN Chapter inform local legislators about Nuclear Power. Stay tuned for more information. If you would like to participate in developing these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date for the 2014 Career Report Webinar! Scheduled for Thursday July 24th at 2pm, representatives from the benchmarking committee will be presenting on the key findings in the 2014 Career Report (LINK) and be available to answer any questions. Members are encouraged to invite their managers and HR representatives to join them during the presentation. The webinar will be recorded and stored to enable future playback.
- Join the PI Team!! The Public Information Committee is looking for volunteers this year. If you are interested in participating in PI initiatives, including the NAYGN PI drawing contest, government outreach, and other opportunities please email email@example.com.
- Join the Sponsorship Team!! The Sponsorship Committee is looking for volunteers to join the 2015 Sponsorship Team. This is a crucial role for NAYGN’s continued success. If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE THE DATE for the Atlantic-Northeast Joint Regional event! This year’s event will again be a combined effort between the two regions, and will include a wide variety of professional development, networking, and social opportunities. The event is open to ALL MEMBERS and guests of NAYGN, and is something you won’t want to miss. Here are the essential details:
Date – August 15th-16th (Friday evening and Saturday)
Location – Westinghouse corporate headquarters in Cranberry Township, PA and the greater Pittsburgh area
Registration Fee – $50 per person
Registration will open in late June, but please mark your calendars for this year’s event. Hope to see you there!
- 2014 NAYGN Southeast Regional Conference Teamwork: Achieving Excellence through Effective Collaboration
When: August 12th – 15th, 2014
Where: Doubletree Hilton Augusta
2651 Perimeter Parkway
August, GA 30909
Room Rate through July 22nd – $119/night
Registration Fee: $50
Registration Link: https://www.regonline.com/naygnsoutheasternregionalconference
- Thinking About Becoming a Registered Professional Nuclear Engineer? The next administration of the NCEES/ANS Nuclear Engineers Examinations will be October 24th, 2014. Many states have an application deadline in June. Visit the NCEES Website for more information regarding your state’s requirements. The American Nuclear Society will hold an exam Prep Workshop on June 15th. Register on the ANS Website.
- IYNC 2014 registration is open. Travel grants are now available. For further information about IYNC 2014, visit http://www.iync.org/iync2014/