- Registration has begun for the 2015 NAYGN Conference. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Marquis in Washington DC from May 12-14. This year’s conference will be different from previous years: the NAYGN conference has been merged with the Nuclear Energy Assembly (NEA) meeting. NAYGN members will partake in a 2.5-day conference that will commence with a day of NAYGN Professional Development sessions and includes the NEA general sessions and a Capitol Hill visit. Please register using the NEA link since this year’s meeting has been merged.
- Conference award nominations are Open! Click here to nominate for Chapter Awards, Future, and Founders Awards. Winners will be recognized at the annual PD Conference in May. Please contact email@example.com with questions or to volunteer for the Awards Committee.
- NAYGN Core Elections will be held Monday, February 23-Friday, March 6! NAYGN members will receive an email reminder to renew membership and cast your votes for the incoming NAYGN Core Candidates. Check out Core Candidates click here to vote!
- The Recruiting and Retention Committee is proud to present its newest initiative to communicate best practices and share creative ideas: the Focus. In the second edition, the Nine Mile Point Chapter President, Rupert Wade, discusses point-based incentives, senior leadership support, and camel rides. If you have a recommendation for the next Focus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NAYGN is seeking a Promotional Items Chair. The Promotional Items Chair is responsible for NAYGN shirts, cups, office supplies, and other paraphernalia sold through our CafePress pages. This role is great for a creative person who can help manage our sales and look at what items we should offer in the future. If you are interested in a flexible opportunity to get involved, please contact Steve Ward, NAYGN Treasurer at email@example.com.
- CALLING ALL LOCAL CHAPTERS!! What: PI Award SubmittalsWhen: Submit by March 31st ,2015How: Local Chapters please submit your best outreach program (event) to the PI Committee. The submittal should include both a PowerPoint presentation that can be played on a loop that highlights the outreach project and a simple write up. The simple write up should consist of a narrative of the event, number of times the chapter has executed it, metrics: number of people reached, positive mentions in local press, and any other highlights. We encourage all submitters to give as much information and detail as possible.Who: Please email your submittal to PI@naygn.web.zuul.work.
- Conference award nominations opening soon! Nominations for Chapter Awards, Future, and Founders Awards will be opening this month and winners will be recognized at the annual PD Conference in May. Since our members are doing such noteworthy work throughout the year, we are now giving out Excellence Awards on a semi-annual basis and winners will be announced on the website. Nominations for the first round of Excellence Awards will open in the spring. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to volunteer for the Awards Committee.