- Please congratulate the following 1st Quarter 2015 Excellence Award winners!
- Please congratulate the following 2015 NAYGN Conference Photo Contest Winners!
- Please welcome our new Midwest Regional Lead Emily Wood and thank Terry Groth for his years of service in this role!
- The ANS Operations and Power Division (OPD) will sponsor up to 25 NAYGN members to attend the Utility Working Conference (UWC) and Technology Expo. Sponsorship includes free registration and initial ANS membership for qualified applicants. For more information and to apply: http://uwc.ans.org/naygn/
- This years’ 17th Annual NAYGN Drawing Contest theme is “Nuclear Energy Packs a Punch.” We are looking for Local Chapters to take the lead in hosting a Drawing Contest in your area. Please refer to the 2015 Drawing Contest Materials on the PI Committee website for detailed instructions on how to host a drawing contest (including a step-by-step Members Guide, the 2015 PowerPoint presentation, English and Spanish versions of the contest Introduction Letters, and much more). The top drawings will be posted for online voting via the NAYGN webpage and drawing contest winners will be chosen in December 2015.
- Later in August, NAYGN is honored to moderate another Nuclear Matter’s Google Hangout session; this time to discuss the benefits of existing nuclear power plants and the recently released Brattle study. Featured speaker will be Dr. Larry Lindsey, President and CEO of The Lindsey Group and former Director of the National Economic Council under President George W. Bush. Details and registration info will follow shortly.
- Save the Date: This years’ Annual Northeast and Atlantic Regional Conference will be held on September 11th and 12th at the offices of MPR Associates in Alexandria, VA. The theme this year is “Evolution in Nuclear”. Check out the Northeast Regional webpage for more information!
- On September 16th, the NYC chapter of NAYGN will be hosting a tour of Indian Point Energy Center. Any members interested in attending a tour of the facility should contact the chapter chair; Dan Carleton.
- The PI Committee is looking for a volunteer to lead the Outreach Communications Team. We are currently looking for someone that is driven and wants to continue the organizational outreach videos and risk communications workshop. This is a great opportunity for young professionals to participate and communicate with the industry. If interested, contact email@example.com.
- The annual Canadian Professional Development Conference will be held in Toronto, Ontario on August 22nd, 2015. The topic this year will be “Nuclear Dollars and Sense,” and they are looking for volunteers to assist with the event. To assist, register here.
- The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) requests a partnership with the nuclear energy industry. NAYGN seeks four more volunteers for a leadership team to setup outreach events with NSBE chapters during National Nuclear Science Week (NNSW) of October 19 24, 2015. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.