- Did you miss the postcard push day webinar? Watch the recording here to find out how your chapter can make an impact on your local elected officials. Check out the NAYGN website for more resources!
- 3rd Quarter Excellence Awards are now open! Nominate someone in your chapter or committee for their exceptional performance, effective leadership, committed service, and enthusiasm. Nominations open until November 15th.
- The 17th Annual Drawing Contest is under way just in time for National Nuclear Science Week! This year’s theme is “Nuclear Energy Packs a Punch”. The deadline is November 6th, 2015 and this year’s winner will receive many prizes including being featured at the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History. Click here for more information!
- 2016 Call for Sponsorship- 2016 sponsorship letters were sent to the local chapter leaders last week. If you did not receive your 2016 sponsorship letter or have any questions regarding sponsorship, please contact Carissa Butler or Kristin McCoskey.
- Our hearts and thoughts are with our friends at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station. Entergy regrettably announced plans to prematurely close Pilgrim (no later than 2019) due to unfavorable economic conditions. Retweet us and @PilgrimNuclear, and join in the conversation using #Pilgrim. While it is a major loss, let’s use this opportunity to infuse urgency behind the call to reform market design flaws.
- The next Carolinas regional event will be held November 13th-14th in Columbia, SC. Join us for a large range of activities including a site tour of the new power plant sites at V.C. Summer and an afternoon social at Columbia’s Riverbank zoo. Sign up here by TODAY! Contact John Flynn or Daniel Dain with questions.
- The American Nuclear Society Young Members Group (ANS YMG) invites you to attend the 2015 Young Professional Congress (YPC) on November 7th, 2015 in conjunction with the 2015 ANS Winter Meeting. This one day program will provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry to develop actionable skills and network with diverse attendees. Click here for more info!
- We want to hear from YOU- it’s time to take the NAYGN Career Survey! The NAYGN benchmarking committee has released the survey for all members, and your participation is vital to our success! The survey will take just a couple of minutes of your time, is anonymous, and will provide the committee with data for the 2016 NAYGN Career Report. The chapter with the highest percentage of participation will receive a prize! Survey closes November 10th. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join NNI (NAYGN NSBE initiative)!! This team meets every month to establish a productive relationship between NAYGN and the National Society of Black Engineers to promote a diverse and inclusive workforce in the Nuclear Industry. Contact Toshawnka Walker to join.
- Do you enjoy engaging the public on nuclear energy? Are you social media savvy? Do you retweet, favorite and reply to tweets on Twitter? Do you like to use #hashtags? If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of the NAYGN Twitter team. Interested persons should contact the Twitter Team Lead; Terry Groth or DM him on Twitter.