NAYGN – Canada
Welcome to the NAYGN – Canada page! Our region is composed of many active NAYGN Chapters spanning across Canada. Follow us on twitter @NA_YGN_CA for professional development, nuclear career opportunities and daily news.
- November 2018: NAYGN Lobbying for Nuclear at CNA Queen’s Park Day
- October 2018: Nuclear Advocates Unite for Nuclear Hill Day in Ottawa
- September 2018: NAYGN Durham hosts Profiles in Leadership Seminar
- November 2017: Durham Chapter Exhibits During OPG Open House
- September 2017: Blue Jays Game Day
- February 2017: Canadian Nuclear Association Conference and Trade Show 2017
- October 2016: Legislature Day on October 5th NAYGN members meeting with MPs
- October 2016: CNA Fall Energy Seminar – Reception at Queens Park on October 5 and a full day seminar at the Delta Toronto Hotel on October 6, featuring exciting speakers and panel discussions. We are pleased to offer NAYGN members a discounted rate of $150 for the two day event, including reception and seminar. (Regular price $225.)
- September 2016: Blue Jays Game day
- June 2016: Professional Development Seminar at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
- May 2016: CNS President’s Dinner at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville.
- May 2016: NuHill Day in Ottawa
- February 2016: CNA conference
- September 2015: NAYGN Canada at NuHill Day in Toronto
- July 2015: NAYGN Represents at Canadian Nuclear Association Conference 2015
- June 2015: 35th Annual Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS) Conference and 39th CNS/CNA Student Conference
- A list of existing local chapters and local chapter leaders, sorted by region, is located here
- Click here for details on starting a new chapter
- November 2014: NAYGN attends Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries, Annual General Meeting.
- November 2014: Olivia Parkitny (President, Mississauga) speaks at Future of Nuclear 2014.
- November 2014: Saskatchewan Chapter organizes Annual Professional Development 2014.
- October 2014: Lauren Corkum (President, Durham) and Sunny Mustafa (Ex-Regional Lead, Canada) speaks at Canadian Nuclear Industry Leaders Program at UOIT
- September 2014: NAYGN Canada hosts Swedish YGN/World Nuclear University Alumni
- September 2014: NAYGN Canada organizes annual Blue Jays & Networking event in Toronto.
- May 2014: NAYGN Professional Development Day – Report & Pictures
- March 2014: NAYGN Durham presents at IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). Presentation & Pictures
- February 2014: NAYGN represents at the Canadian Nuclear Association Conference. For presentations, click HERE
- November 2013: NAYGN goes for Blue Jays Game at the Air Canada Center
- October 2013: NAYGN participates at Women In Nuclear – Annual Conference
- August 2013: NAYGN participates at Canadian Workshop on Fusion Energy, Science and Technology
- July 2013: 2013 Post-Professional Development Seminar Report – RELEASED
- June 2013: Congratulations to the NAYGN-Canada Team for a successful Professional Development Seminar.
- March 2012: Advances in Modeling Nuclear Fuel Performance – Khaled Shaheen
- November 2012: NAYGN Canada represents at AECL Chalk River Tour
- August 2012: AMEC NSS represents at International Youth Nuclear Congress (IYNC) in Charlotte, NC
- June 2012: NAYGN-AMEC participates at Fukushima and the Effects of Low Dose Radiation Exposure – Professor Doug Boreham
- May 2012: NAYGN-AMEC participatesat World Partnership Walk
- May 2012: NAYGN-AMEC participates at Leadership vs. Management – Stan Harvey, John MacKinnon & Malcolm Rawlingson (Panel Discussion)
- March 2012: NAYGN-AMEC participates at Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) Projects – Yung Hoang