From your NAYGN Core
- Your vote is needed – Candidates are running for four of NAYGN’s Core positions, and our current Core has proposed changes to our Bylaws. But none of these are possible without your voice! Elections close this Friday. Having website troubles? High voting traffic can freeze our site. Please try voting again!
- Long-time Core member and NAYGN Treasurer Steve Ward offers this letter for members that want a peek behind the Wizard of NAYGN’s curtain.
- Our annual Professional Development conference is just around the corner! NAYGN is offering scholarships for current college students to attend, including travel and hotel – deadline extended to March 26th!
- Marie’s Electric Adventure will be leaving Amazon at the end of March – get the last remaining copies today for $5.78 each!
Hearing from Our Members
- Framatome’s build-your-own fuel bundle is now available to everyone! What classroom wouldn’t want to build colorful fuel pellets and show off where nuclear power comes from?
- NAYGN’s Publication Chair Dylan Robideaux offers this succinct summary of Nuscale’s small modular reactor design and application.
- Mark your calendars for the Carolinas Regional Conference July 26th in Charlotte, NC. Contact Duke Energy’s Jackie Austell for more details!
- Interim storage of spent fuel may have a glowing future in New Mexico, thanks to Holtec’s submittal to the NRC for a new facility to store spent fuel from commercial nuclear power reactors.
- The Nuclear Energy Institute has launched a snazzy new website layout. While you’re checking it out, consider Nuclear Matters to keep in the loop on advocacy opportunities.