Working from home can be a great arrangement, with some adaptation. If you’d like to get some ideas on how to optimize your work-from-home setup and routine, there are some TED talks on the subject you may find interesting.
- Remotely Productive: You can work from home | Jay Hayes | TedxWilsonPark
- Why working from home is good for business – The Way We Work, a TED series
- Go Ahead, Tell Your Boss You Are Working From Home | Nicholas Bloom | TEDxStandford
Also, it’s important to get up and move around when you’re stuck at home!
Breaking up the monotony with a good view or pleasant video can make a big difference in your ability to focus and stay positive.
- Google Arts and Culture offers virtual tour of tons of museums and sites (Guggenheim, Uffizi, Machu Pichu, Pyramids of Egypt, etc.)
- The Louvre offers free virtual tours
- Sand Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari
- Atlanta Zoo Panda Cam Live Stream
- Georgia Aquarium Live Stream
Virtual Tours of National Parks
- Google Arts and Culture Map
- Kenai Fjords Alaska
- Hawaii Volcanos
- Dry Tortugas Florida
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Bryce Canyons
It’s also a great time to pick up a new book, learn something new, or dive into a new hobby!
- CM Library has a whole system of ebooks (you can get a library card online too)
- Baking guides for sourdough, pies, scones, gluten-free, etc.
If you have any other tips or tricks you’d like to share, let us know!