From your NAYGN Core
- NAYGN’s 2018 Career Report is now available, detailing our young members’ perspectives on salaries, work hours, job satisfaction, industry health, and even an assessment of NAYGN’s performance with each of our pillars. Needless to say, it is worth the read. A special thanks to Paul Balik and our Benchmarking Committee for putting this together!
- Want to know more? Check out our webinar Sept. 5th at 3pm EST.
- Also, our 2018 postcards (shown above, partial) have been designed and we are taking orders through September 21 – just send us your name and address we can ship the cards to! This is a great way to contact legislators as one big team, and NAYGN covers the cost of the cards and postage. Post Card Push Day is on October 11.
Hearing from Our Members
- Our Atlantic and Northeast regions have hosting a conference October 18-20 at Exelon’s HQ in Harbor Point, Baltimore, MD, thanks in large part to the efforts of our Calvert Cliffs chapter. Registration is due August 31.
- The Canada region is also hosting a two-day conference September 20-21 featuring a Profiles in Leadership Seminar and a Blue Jays baseball game, hosted by NAYGN Durham. Registration is free!
- Earlier this month Palo Verde’s chapter smartly presented the keynote presentation from the Nuclear Energy Assembly, featuring Andy Worshek from “Turn the Ship Around.” Thank you Arthur Tadiar and company for bringing it back to your site!
- If you want to get a real view of the nuclear industry, heading north can offer a great panorama.
- Oak Ridge Lab, Southern Co, and Bill-Gates-backed TerraPower are seeing some great strides with small liquid-metal reactors, with a $20M test facility set to begin testing in 2019.
- Speaking of small reactors, TVA showed how industry engagement with the NRC can help keep costs down by appropriately scaling emergency planning zones.
- Want to stay engaged with industry news? NEI has you covered: all you have to do is ask to join their Overview newsletter. We also recommend the fantastic and free SmartBrief subscription provided by ANS.