Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
Monica Beistline Block
Amber Von Ruden
2023 Board of Directors Nominations
2023 NOMINATIONS FOR BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS ARE NOW OPEN! NAYGN board of directors positions to be elected in 2023 include: Vice President Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer Public Information Officer United States Operating Officer Communications Officer...
NAYGN Statement on Recent Attacks on the AAPI Community
NAYGN is committed to actively addressing systemic racism and supports our Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) members. The recent attacks are horrific examples of the growing hate and violent attacks against the AAPI community. We condemn any racially...
Unconscious Bias Series
NAYGN’s D&I Committee presents a 3-part series surrounding Unconscious Bias and how it affects us. For part 1 of the series, Unconscious Bias, specifically dealing with systemic racism, is defined. Please watch the videos linked to have a better understanding of...
This special committee was formed in 2020 to help address NAYGN’s diversity gaps identified in the 2020 Career Report and to make NAYGN a more diverse and inclusive organization. Recruitment and retention of diverse nuclear members in both the industry and NAYGN and career support for all members will greatly benefit both the NAYGN organization and the nuclear industry.
o In addition to addressing diversity and inclusion within NAYGN, this committee will serve to help address systemic racism in our organization, the industry, and our communities.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develop actions and initiatives based on input from the committee, NAYGN members, and NAYGN core.
2. The NAYGN core sponsor is responsible for general guidiance of the committee. The Committee lead is responsible for leading committee activities and member actions.
3. Committee to provide periodic updates to the Core and the general membership on D&I initiatives.
4. Committee to identify and communicate areas of concern or opportunities for improvement within the D&I Committee.
5. Committee Sponsor: Attend the yearly NAYGN Core meeting to provide a committee report-out.
6. Maintain the D&I Committee Charter current by reviewing and, if necessary, revising it periodically.