Happy Holidays from NAYGN!
- Nominations are now open for the 2014 NAYGN Core Elections! The positions of Vice President, Professional Development Chair, Canadian Affairs Chair, and Treasurer are up for election. The nomination period closes on December 30, 2013. Please see https://naygn.org/about-us/positions-needed/ for details. Questions? Contact Kristin Zaitz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congratulations to the Duke Energy chapter for winning the first ever NAYGN Public Information Award in 2013! And a huge THANK YOU to the many chapters who submitted for the award – you are an inspiration to all of us and we can’t thank you enough for the work you to promote nuclear energy in your local communities. Honorable mention goes to Entergy River Bend for their Recycled Fashion Event (click here to see article on the event). And a special thanks to the Palo Verde, NE Westinghouse, Susquehanna, PSEG, Rolls-Royce, and Entergy River Bend chapters for your events as well. Please see the latest CEI article highlighting Duke Energy and the various chapter events mentioned here to see pictures and get inspired! Click here to see full article.
If you want to help craft next year’s public information contest and award selection criteria, send Laura Brown (PI@na-ygn.org) a quick message.
- Announcing the 2013 NAYGN Drawing Contest Winner: Congratulations to Emily Hippenstiel of Millville Elementary School / Susquehanna Chapter! We received a record high # of 6113 votes this year so thanks to everyone for your support! Second place goes to Luke of Thompson Brook School / NE Westinghouse Chapter, and Third place to Dixon of Gregory Elementary / GE Wilmington Chapter! Great job everyone! Click here to view the winning poster.
- Thank you for participating in the NAYGN Career Survey! We have received a large amount of information regarding your careers and the issues that are important to you. The results are in the process of being evaluated, analyzed, and tabulated and will be documented in the career report, scheduled to be released before the annual NAYGN Professional Development Conference in May 2014. The report will be documented and shared with Industry Executives, NAYGN Leadership, and all NAYGN Membership. It will discuss issues important to NAYGN members, trend career information, and guide the future focus of NAYGN. We appreciate your support and look forward to sharing the findings!
- “On the 18th day of December the INPO Chapter gave to me, 6 PI presentations and a webpage full of tools under the tree!”Merry Christmas from the PI Committee! We are announcing a Public Information Webcast on December 18th at 2 pm Eastern to share new materials available for public information chapter use in the coming year. We will walk through the new PI Presentation Library available to YOU on the NAYGN website, share success stories, and answer any questions you may have on the materials.To sign-up for the webcast please click hereTo take a look at the new PI materials on the NAYGN website please click here. Any questions please contact Laura Brown (email@example.com)
- New Article on NAYGN’s 10,000 members! Click here to read reflections from past NAYGN leaders.
- The next NAYGN Professional Development conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 2014. The conference will focus on innovation in the nuclear industry as it applies to young professionals. Examples of innovation include (but are not limited to) nuclear technology, workforce development, regulatory processes, public information and outreach, and/or chapter health and development. The Professional Development Committee is in search of both ideas for the conference and outstanding young professionals to lead facilitated discussions, presentations, and to manage sessions with industry experts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with innovative ideas (best practices or recommendations for further innovation) or to volunteer for the PD committee. Several of the best ideas will be selected for a report/presentation to industry executives.