- Reminder, End of Year Metrics: It’s time to showcase what your chapter has been up to in 2013! End of Year metrics for the 2013 calendar year were due January 15, 2014. All local chapter leads should submit their chapter’s metrics to their regional lead. The metrics template and other information is located on our website. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Mark your calendars NAYGN Award Nominations opening soon! January 27th is the opening date for nominee submissions. Winners will be announced at the 2014 PD Conference in May. Stay tuned to the Membership Announcements or check out the website for more details. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 17-28: Election Time! The 2014 NAYGN Core (Board of Directors) Elections and our annual all-membership reset are right around the corner. This year we will also be voting on proposed changes to our bylaws. Please see https://naygn.org/about-us/positions-needed/ for election information. Get acquainted with the candidates by reading their profiles: https://naygn.org/2014-election/ Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Congratulations to the chapter with the highest participation in the 2013 Career Survey – PSEG Hope Creek & Salem! They had over 50% of their chapter respond to the survey and were awarded a collection of NAYGN merchandise for their efforts. A big thank you to all NAYGN members that responded to the survey, look for a report of the findings to be released before the annual PD conference in May.
- We’re still celebrating our membership milestone -NAYGN is 10,000 members strong! Click to here to read reflections from past NAYGN leader Duncan Robinson.
- Are you interested in getting involved with Government Outreach? We have an exciting leadership opportunity available in the PI Committee for a new Government Outreach lead – please contact Laura Brown for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Awards Committee is looking for volunteers to help with the 2014 awards process. If you are looking for a way to get more involved with NAYGN, this is an excellent opportunity! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Is someone in your local NAYGN chapter making a difference? Do you have great events or activities going on in your NAYGN chapter that are worth sharing? Go Nuke would like to shine the spotlight on you. Send details and pictures to, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing about your great work.
- February 5 from 12-1pm Eastern: All NAYGN members are invited to attend a webinar to introduce the candidates for the 2014 NAYGN Core Elections. To register for the webinar:
1. To access, click here.
2. Click “Register”.
3. On the registration form, enter your information and then click “Submit”.
- The next NAYGN Professional Development conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 2014. The conference will focus on innovation in the nuclear industry as it applies to young professionals. Examples of innovation include (but are not limited to) nuclear technology, workforce development, regulatory processes, public information and outreach, and/or chapter health and development. The Professional Development Committee is in search of both ideas for the conference and outstanding young professionals to lead facilitated discussions, presentations, and to manage sessions with industry experts. Please contact email@example.com with innovative ideas (best practices or recommendations for further innovation) or to volunteer for the PD committee. Several of the best ideas will be selected for a report/presentation to industry executives.