- Congratulations and welcome to our newest NAYGN chapter: Altran – Boston! We’re extremely excited to have an Altran chapter within NAYGN and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN.
- Registration for the NAYGN Professional Development conference is now open! The conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 18 – 20, 2014. Click here to register and find out more information! Featuring a Key Note address from Ted Nordhaus, Chairman of the Breakthrough Institute and Roberta B. Ness, MD, MPH, dean of the University of Texas School of Public Health and author of Innovation Generation: How to produce creative and useful scientific ideas.
- The nuclear energy industry has launched the “Nuclear Matters” public affairs campaign to inform key audiences about nuclear energy’s full value proposition and to raise awareness of the economic challenges to nuclear energy that threaten those benefits. Check out the campaign and follow activity at the website – NuclearMatters.com – and on Twitter: @nuclear_matters. NEI encourages all industry members to engage in this campaign as state-based events are scheduled in the coming months. If you missed NEI’s Nuclear Matters campaign webinar, download it here.
- Do you have an idea that could revolutionize the nuclear energy industry? If yes, you should compete in NAYGN’s 2014 Innovation Competition. Young professionals will have the opportunity to vet their ideas with their peers and industry experts at the upcoming NAYGN PD Workshop. The inventor of the best idea will be awarded an opportunity to pitch their concept to all US Chief Nuclear Officers at an upcoming meeting. This is a great opportunity for young professionals. http://bit.ly/1g5fcAa
- Thinking About Becoming a Registered Professional Nuclear Engineer? The next administration of the NCEES/ANS Nuclear Engineers Examinations will be October 24th, 2014. Visit the NCEES Website for more information regarding your state’s requirements. The American Nuclear Society will hold an exam Prep Workshop on June 15th. Register on the ANS Website.
- The next NAYGN Professional Development Webinar will be held on April 30 from 3 to 4 pm. Mr. David Sledzik from GEH will present on the “Value of Natural Circulation.” Please visit the NAYGN event page to register for the webinar.
- NAYGN Canadian Professional Development Seminar to be held on May 25, 2014 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Toronto, Ontario. Contact email@example.com for volunteering at the event. More updates to come.
- IYNC 2014 registration is now open. Travel grants are now available. For further information about IYNC 2014, visit http://www.iync.org/iync2014/