- The NAYGN Professional Development Conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 18 – 20, 2014. Even if you are not attending the conference, you can still work with your chapter for the Innovation Competition! Read how the River Bend Chapter is getting involved
- The 2014 Career Report is complete and published! https://naygn.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2014-NAYGN-Career-Report-Final.pdf
- Get your cameras ready! At this year’s PD conference you can upload (http://dropevent.com/gallery/NAYGN2014) or email (NAYGN2014@dropevent.com) any pictures you take to NAYGN’s DropEvent page! You can check out pictures taken by your fellow attendees, and we will even use these pictures to populate our website. We are giving away $500 in NAYGN gear for the best pictures! Prizes will be given out for:
- Best Overall – Along with a great selection of NAYGN items, your photo will be featured on the NAYGN Christmas Card for 2014!
- Most Innovative – Share your pictures that capture the theme of this year’s conference – innovation!
- Best Networking – The heart of every NAYGN conference is bringing us together to network. Send us your pictures of networking at NAYGN!
- Best of Scottsdale – We hope you’ll take some time to explore the wonderful Scottsdale area and capture it in pictures!
Please remember pictures should be professional and appropriate. More details to come at the conference.
- Our nation’s nuclear energy plants are vital national assets. Join Nuclear Matters to help us inform the public about the clear benefits that nuclear energy provides to our nation, raise awareness of the economic challenges to nuclear energy that threaten those benefits, and to work with stakeholders to explore possible policy solutions that properly value nuclear energy. Visit our website and sign-up to receive the latest information on the campaign and the tools you will need to tell everyone why nuclear matters.
- Do you have an eye for photography? We are looking for a few volunteers to take picutres during the 2014 Professional Development Conference in Scottsdale, AZ. If you are interested or would like more information, contact Steve Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have an idea that could revolutionize the nuclear energy industry? If yes, you should compete in NAYGN’s 2014 Innovation Competition. Young professionals will have the opportunity to vet their ideas with their peers and industry experts at the upcoming NAYGN PD Workshop. The inventor of the best idea will be awarded an opportunity to pitch their concept to all US Chief Nuclear Officers at an upcoming meeting. This is a great opportunity for young professionals. http://bit.ly/1g5fcAa
- The 2014 North American Young Generation in Nuclear (NAYGN) – CANADA PD Day will be held on May 25, just prior to the CANDU Maintenance Conference in Toronto, Canada. The theme for this year’s workshop is “The 25 Year Vision for the Nuclear Industry” and a particular focus on the Vision of Excellence, Competitiveness & Leadership. More than 100 NAYGN members are expected to attend the 2014 PD Day to learn more about the technology, regulations, and leadership skills that keep the nuclear industry safe, vibrant and growing. Young professionals and students in all areas of nuclear science and technology are encouraged to attend the workshop. Link for Registration: https://cns-snc.ca/register/conference_registratons/1QggOLkKi
NOTE: Registration is through an option under the CMC 2014 Registration Page. CNS Login is required so please register on the CNS portal. Contact email@example.com for volunteering at the event.
- Thinking About Becoming a Registered Professional Nuclear Engineer? The next administration of the NCEES/ANS Nuclear Engineers Examinations will be October 24th, 2014. Visit the NCEES Website for more information regarding your state’s requirements. The American Nuclear Society will hold an exam Prep Workshop on June 15th. Register on the ANS Website.
- NAYGN Canadian Professional Development Seminar to be held on May 25, 2014 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Toronto, Ontario. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteering at the event. More updates to come.
- IYNC 2014 registration is now open. Travel grants are now available. For further information about IYNC 2014, visit http://www.iync.org/iync2014/