- Is someone in your local NAYGN chapter making a difference? Do you have great events or activities going on in your NAYGN chapter that are worth sharing? Go Nuke would like to shine the spotlight on you. Send details and pictures to, email@example.com. These materials will be used to populate our website blog and may be referenced/duplicated on our Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages. We look forward to hearing about your great work.
- The NAYGN Chapter Health Committee is looking for members!! The Chapter Health Committee is dedicated to helping new and/or struggling chapters overcome some of the obstacles they may be facing. Our goals will be to help our fellow chapters to meet their needs by generating ideas and developing ways helpful to chapter growth and success. For more information or to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you always posting on Facebook or Twitter? Do you love taking pictures and are never without your camera? The Communications committee is recruiting two positions, Social Media Chair and Official NAYGN photographer. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
- October 21 to 25, 2013 is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning your outreach activities for National Nuclear Science Week. There are lots of ideas and materials available on the NNSW website. Check it out: http://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/
- Please join Tony Pietrangelo and Richard Myers for a special NAYGN webinar focused on The Future of the Nuclear Energy Industry. These NEI executives will provide information on the industry’s recent plant closings and explain how financial and political influences are affecting the industry’s future.
Please Note: This webinar is expected to be heavily attended and may challenge the webinar capabilities. Before registering as an individual, NAYGN requests that you please first consider attending this webinar with your chapter as a group event. Priority will be given to group registrants – so please identify your chapter name when registering.
Title: The Future of the Nuclear Energy Industry
Date: Wednesday, September 18
Time: 2 p.m. eastern
- Mark your calendar to attend the Young Professional Congress (YPC), held in conjunction with the 2013 ANS Winter Meeting.The American Nuclear Society (ANS) Young Members Group (YMG) and the North American Young Generation of Nuclear (NAYGN) designed this one-day program to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry. The sessions will provide actionable skills development and broad networking opportunities for all attendees.
When: Saturday, November 9, 2013
Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Members of the ANS and the NAYGN are encouraged to attend. Please note that attendance for the full ANS meeting is not required to attend the YPC. Be on the lookout for more information in upcoming communications.You are also invited to participate in the YMG-sponsored Hill Visit on Thursday, November 14. To prepare participants for this event, a Communicating Effectively with Your Representative prep session will take place Wednesday, November 13. Be on the lookout for more details!
Please note your intent to attend YPC on the following form. Note that this is only to show intent and does not register you for the session. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EdsEbwvWKRjRSX3u4J4qErKZilAsN6VoNiggf9DBBmk/viewform
For more information, contact Gale Hauck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also in the News…
- Congratulations and welcome to our 109th NAYGN chapter: Duane Arnold! We’re extremely excited to again have a chapter at Duane Arnold and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN.
- Congratulations and welcome to our 110th NAYGN chapter: Rolls-Royce – Pittsburgh! We’re extremely excited to have a chapter at Rolls-Royce and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN.
- NAYGN members have the opportunity to receive a Public Information kit from NEI which include the following:
§ Imitation fuel pellets
§ Nuclear energy educational poster from the National Energy Foundation
§ Nuclear Advocacy Network flyers
§ Workforce development brochures
§ “Just the Facts” brochures
§ Pro-nuclear stickers
§ ANS educational packet (waiting on confirmation)
§ NAYGN’s Nuke 101 with Nuclear Videos on DVD (k-12 outreach materials)
§ NA-YGN Rules and Tips for Public Engagement
Tell your local chapter lead to respond to this survey with your chapter’s shipping information to order one today! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGZMPRH
- The First call for summaries for IYNC 2014 has been released. The deadline to submit summaries for the conference in Burgos, Spain, 6-12 July 2014, is October 15th, 2013.For more information, please visit the new IYNC website, available at http://www.iync.org/.