NAYGN Announces 10,000 Members!
- Click here to Read More! Please feel free to share this press release with your local media or company corporate communications department to help highlight this achievement!
- Also visit out Clean Energy Insight page to read interviews with members on 10k reflections.
Welcome to the 15th Annual NAYGN Drawing Contest!
This year’s theme is “Roddy Nuclear Promotes National Nuclear Science Week!” We are looking for Local Chapters to take the lead in hosting a Drawing Contest in your area. The drawing contest presentation, member guide, and all supporting materials are now available on the NAYGN website – please click here to access. The top 5 drawings will be posted for online voting via the Clean Energy Insight webpage and also showcased at the 2013 ANS Conference in Washington, DC, on Novemeber 10-14, 2013. Drawing contest winners will be chosen by 12/2/13. Get Excited!
- October 21-25, 2013 is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning your outreach activities for National Nuclear Science Week. There are lots of ideas and materials available on the NNSW website. Check it out: http://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/
- Are you looking for a way to share your enthusiasm for the nuclear industry and help attract new young professionals? If so, we have an opportunity for you! The Recruiting and Retention committee is looking for a lead and members to join our team. We will be working on establishing a grass-roots outreach effort to spread the word about opportunities in the nuclear industry – such as mobilizing our members to work with local colleges and universities to host career info sessions in the fall/spring. This is a great opportunity to share, demonstrate and build your leadership skills. Volunteers are needed right away! Get involved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you always finding new, interesting articles on the Nuclear Industry? Are you constantly on Facebook or Twitter? The Communications Committee is looking for a new Publications Chair and volunteers for the Social Media Committee. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- The NRC has scheduled twelve public meetings across the country to receive comments on the Waste Confidence Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement (DGEIS) and proposed rule. NEI’s General Counsel, Ellen Ginsberg, will lead a short issue briefing webinar on the upcoming NRC public meetings and provide guidance on NAYGN and U.S. WIN participation in these meetings. NEI is allowing time within the hour for your questions. The webinar will be held Tuesday, September 24, 3:00-4:00p.m. ET. To register for the NEI Waste Confidence Public Meetings Webinar, email Richiey Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Waste Confidence. Schedule of Meetings.
- 2013 Young Professional Congress RegistrationIt is time to register for the Young Professional Congress (YPC). This jointly organized NAYGN and ANS Young Members Group (YMG) meeting is held in conjunction with the 2013 ANS Winter Meeting.The one-day program will provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry to develop actionable skills and to broaden their network.When: Saturday, November 9, 2013Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Members of the ANS and NAYGN are both encouraged to attend. Please note that attendance for the full ANS meeting is not required to attend YPC. ANS members can attend the one day YPC for $35 and non-ANS members can attend for $75.
You are also invited to participate in the YMG-sponsored Hill Visit on Thursday, November 14.
To prepare participants for this event, a Communicating Effectively with Your Representative. Prep session will take place Wednesday, November 13.
For more information, contact Gale Hauck at mailto:email@example.com.
- The final five sessions of the “Develop Yourselffor Career Success” webinar series haves been postponed indefinitely due toscheduling conflicts. The Professional Development Committee is in searchof a volunteer that is familiar with the NEI Competency Model and/or careerdevelopment to continue the series in 2013. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- The next NAYGN Professional Development conference will be held in Scottsdale, AZ in May 2014. The conference will focus on innovation in the nuclear industry as it applies to young professionals. Examples of innovation include (but are not limited to) nuclear technology, workforce development, regulatory processes, public information and outreach, and/or chapter health and development. The Professional Development Committee is in search of both ideas for the conference and outstanding young professionals to lead facilitated discussions, presentations, and to manage sessions with industry experts. Please contact email@example.com with innovative ideas (best practices or recommendations for further innovation) or to volunteer for the PD committee. Several of the best ideas will be selected for a report/presentation to industry executives.
Also in the News…
- The www.naygn.web.zuul.work website may become temporarily unavailable this weekend, September 21-22, for planned maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. The site will be back up by Monday, September 23, 2013.
- Slides from the September 18th webinar with NEI’s Richard Meyers, “Perspective on Trends in U.S. Electricity Markets and Nuclear Power Plant Shutdowns” are now available. Click here to learn more.
- NAYGN members have the opportunity to receive a Public Information kit from NEI which include the following:
§ Imitation fuel pellets
§ Nuclear energy educational poster from the National Energy Foundation
§ Nuclear Advocacy Network flyers
§ Workforce development brochures
§ “Just the Facts” brochures § Pro-nuclear stickers
§ ANS educational packet (waiting on confirmation)
§ NAYGN’s Nuke 101 with Nuclear Videos on DVD (k-12 outreach materials)
§ NA-YGN Rules and Tips for Public Engagement
Tell your local chapter lead to respond to this survey with your chapter’s shipping information to order one today! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGZMPRH
- The First call for summaries for IYNC 2014 has been released. The deadline to submit summaries for the conference in Burgos, Spain, 6-12 July 2014, is October 15th, 2013.For more information, please visit the new IYNC website, available at http://www.iync.org/.