- Our nation’s nuclear energy plants are vital national assets. Join Nuclear Matters to help us inform the public about the clear benefits that nuclear energy provides to our nation, raise awareness of the economic challenges to nuclear energy that threaten those benefits, and to work with stakeholders to explore possible policy solutions that properly value nuclear energy. Visit our website and sign-up to receive the latest information on the campaign and the tools you will need to tell everyone why nuclear matters.
- Don’t Forget to Post your Conference Pics! If you took pictures during the NAYGN conference, don’t forget to post them to the NAYGN DropEvent page at http://dropevent.com/gallery/NAYGN2014. Unable to attend the conference, but still want to share your chapter pics? Our DropEvent page will be open throughout the year for you to upload photos from your chapter’s events!
- Congratulations to NAYGN’s George Hairston executive leadership winner, Susan Landahl, Exelon’s Vice President for New Development on loan to INPO as Vice President for Industry Leadership. Check out the press release at https://naygn.org/announcements/north-american-young-generation-in-nuclear-announces-the-2014-george-hairston-visionary-leadership-award-recipient/ And to NAYGN’s Founder’s Awardee, Elizabeth McAndrew-Benavides, for her continued commitment to NAYGN’s mission.
- Did you know that the PI Committee has nuclear fundamental presentations you can use for your NAYGN Chapters? These presentations are utilized at schools as an outreach initiative to educate children on nuclear energy and science. To learn more about these presentations go to http://www.nuclearfundamentals.org/ or contact email@example.com .
- Click here to check out the NAYGN press release for our career survey report. https://naygn.org/members-only/news/north-american-young-generation-in-nuclears-2014-career-report-reveals-pay-equity-for-new-hires-in-technical-positions/
- Congratulations to Ms. Shonique Miller and her team from Entergy’s River Bend for winning the 2014 NAYGN Innovation Competition! NAYGN received more than twenty submissions for innovative ideas at the 2014 Conference. Ms. Miller was voted to represent NAYGN at the next NSIAC meeting and present to industry executives an industry-wide virtual knowledge transfer platform – The Hub. The three other finalists in the Innovation Competition included Ms. Jacqueline Generotti (Altran) for creating a subject matter expert team, Mr. Matthew Bowen (AREVA – TN) for an online children’s program, and Ms. Wendy Brost (STP Nuclear Operating Co.) for a rotational program across different companies. Thank you to all those that participated in the Innovation Competition. You can also check out the video : http://youtu.be/91JVi4KQycQ
- If you attended the 2014 conference, please be sure to complete the survey in the conference App. The results from the survey help prepare for next year’s conference.
- Join the PI Team!! The Public Information Committee is looking for volunteers this year. If you are interested in participating in PI initiatives, including the NAYGN PI drawing contest, government outreach, and other opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Look out for our PI webinar next month: School Outreach Lessons Learned (nuclearfundamentals.org)
- Thinking About Becoming a Registered Professional Nuclear Engineer? The next administration of the NCEES/ANS Nuclear Engineers Examinations will be October 24th, 2014. Visit the NCEES Website for more information regarding your state’s requirements. The American Nuclear Society will hold an exam Prep Workshop on June 15th. Register on the ANS Website.
- NAYGN Canadian Professional Development Seminar to be held on May 25, 2014 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Toronto, Ontario. Contact email@example.com for volunteering at the event. More updates to come.
- IYNC 2014 registration is now open. Travel grants are now available. For further information about IYNC 2014, visit http://www.iync.org/iync2014/