Interested in attending the Midwest Regional Conference? – Take a look below under Events!
Call for 2015 NAYGN Officer nominations!! 2015 elections will be held for Vice President, Communications Chair, Public Information Chair, US Affairs Chair and a special election for Treasurer will be conducted. To make a nomination, contact email@example.com.
- End of Year Metrics: It’s almost time to showcase what your chapter has been up to in 2014! End of Year metrics for the 2014 calendar year are due by December 19, 2014. All local chapter leads should submit their chapter’s metrics to their regional lead. The metrics template and other information is located on our website. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you know: The EPA is proposing a Clean Power Plan rule to regulate carbon emissions from electric power plants in the U.S. Although nuclear energy is essential to achieve realistic low-carbon power generation, the EPA’s proposed rule has a controversial recognition of nuclear power plants. Comments on the proposed rule are open until December 1, 2014.
- Are you interested in submitting a technical paper or poster to the ENYGF (European Nuclear Young Generation Forum) 2015 conference? The deadline for submissions has been extended to January 9, 2015! The forum will be held in Paris, France in July of 2015. NAYGN members are encouraged to submit their papers, more information can be found here.
- The Canadian Nuclear Society has announced the call for nominations for the 2015 Nuclear Achievement Awards (jointly sponsored by the CNS and CNA). These Awards represent an opportunity to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions, technical and non-technical, to various aspects of nuclear science and technology in Canada. The deadline to submit nominations is January 16, 2015. The Awards will be officially presented during the CNS Annual Conference held May 31 – June 3, 2015 in Saint John, New Brunswick. For more information, please visit: http://cns-snc.ca/awards.
- The 2015 Professional Development Conference will be held in conjunction with the Nuclear Energy Assembly in Washington, D.C. from May 12-14, 2015. It’s not too late to get involved with the planning and logistics of the conference. If you’re interested in supporting the PD Committee and be a part of the 2015 conference, email email@example.com. As a sneak peak, NAYGN attendees will have multiple professional development opportunities during the conference to expand their knowledge on all things related to “Nuclear Dollars and Sense” and expanded opportunities to network with industry executives. Breakout sessions and workshops will focus on how energy markets work, proposal writing, business development, and the financial decisions faced by nuclear utilities and vendors. The location of the conference will allow members to participate in a US congressional hill day.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below event.
- Midwest Region Conference – December 11 – 13