- Cast your vote! The five finalists for the 2014 drawing contest have been selected. Click here to cast your vote for the winner by December 19, 2014.
- Congratulations and welcome to our newest NAYGN chapter: RCM Technologies (Pickering)! We’re extremely excited to have them on board and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN.
- NAYGN in Action – At the 2014 NAYGN Annual Conference, Shonique Miller won the first NAYGN Innovation Competition with her idea of an industry‑wide knowledge transfer platform – “the Hub.” In short, The Hub is envisioned as an online repository for video tutorials, message forums, interactive OE, and virtual networking and collaboration with Subject Matter Experts across the industry. Shonique is presenting the Hub to industry executives at the NSIAC meeting on December 11. The near-term plan is to assemble an industry-wide Task Force to define the resources and process to develop the Hub. As a new and innovative grassroots initiative, the Hub needs support and advertisement from NAYGN members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Hub or to become involved with the planning.
- Call for 2015 NAYGN Officer nominations!! 2015 elections will be held for Vice President, Communications Chair, Public Information Chair, US Affairs Chair and a special election for Treasurer will be conducted. To make a nomination, contact email@example.com. Deadline for nominations is January 10, 2015.
- End of Year Metrics: It’s almost time to showcase what your chapter has been up to in 2014! End of Year metrics for the 2014 calendar year are due by December 19, 2014. All local chapter leads should submit their chapter’s metrics to their regional lead. The metrics template and other information is located on our website. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INMM Call for Abstracts: Be a Part of the Premier Meeting in Nuclear Materials Management! Submit an Abstract for the INMM 56th Annual Meeting. Get complete details on the INMM Website.
- Are you interested in submitting a technical paper or poster to the ENYGF (European Nuclear Young Generation Forum) 2015 conference? The deadline for submissions has been extended to January 9, 2015! The forum will be held in Paris, France in July of 2015. NAYGN members are encouraged to submit their papers, more information can be found here.
- The Canadian Nuclear Society has announced the call for nominations for the 2015 Nuclear Achievement Awards (jointly sponsored by the CNS and CNA). These Awards represent an opportunity to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions, technical and non-technical, to various aspects of nuclear science and technology in Canada. The deadline to submit nominations is January 16, 2015. The Awards will be officially presented during the CNS Annual Conference held May 31 – June 3, 2015 in Saint John, New Brunswick. For more information, please visit: http://cns-snc.ca/awards.
- The 2015 Professional Development Conference will be held in conjunction with the Nuclear Energy Assembly in Washington, D.C. from May 12-14, 2015. As a sneak peak, NAYGN attendees will have multiple professional development opportunities during the conference to expand their knowledge on all things related to “Nuclear Dollars and Sense” and expanded opportunities to network with industry executives. Breakout sessions and workshops will focus on how energy markets work, proposal writing, business development, and the financial decisions faced by nuclear utilities and vendors. The location of the conference will allow members to participate in a US congressional hill day.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below events.
- NAYGN 101 Webinar – January 29, 2015
- Meet the Candidates Webinar – February 11, 2015