- NAYGN Core Elections will be held Monday, February 23-Friday, March 6! NAYGN members will receive an email reminder to renew membership and cast your votes for the incoming NAYGN Core Candidates. Check out Core Candidates and don’t forget to vote!
- The Recruiting and Retention Committee is proud to present its newest initiative to communicate best practices and share creative ideas: the Focus. In the second edition, the Nine Mile Point Chapter President, Rupert Wade, discusses point-based incentives, senior leadership support, and camel rides. If you have a recommendation for the next Focus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration has begun for the 2015 NAYGN Conference. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Marquis in Washington DC from May 12-14. This year’s conference will be different from previous years. NAYGN members will partake in a 2.5-day conference that will commence with a day of NAYGN Professional Development sessions and will include Nuclear Energy Assembly (NEA) general sessions and a Capitol Hill visit.Registration:http://www.nei.org/Conferences/Annual-Nuclear-Industry-Conference-and-Nuclear-SupSession Descriptions:www.nei.org/CorporateSite/media/filefolder/Conferences/NEA/NAYGN_Session-Descriptions.pdf
- Update on the Hub – The Hub is NAYGN’s innovative approach to industry-wide knowledge transfer for young professionals. Recently, Entergy’s Chief Nuclear Officer (CNO) Jeff Forbes sent a letter to all industry CNOs to request nominations for the Hub steering committee. In short, the steering committee is a 10-member oversight group for the various task force(s) that are responsible for developing the Hub business plan. The NAYGN chapter lead (or their designee) is the point of contact to identify and nominate candidates to the steering committee. A wider solicitation will be sent to all NAYGN local chapters for volunteers to the associated task force(s) after formation of the steering committee. Please submit questions, the chapter points of contact, and steering committee nominations to email@example.com by February 27.
- NAYGN is seeking a Promotional Items Chair. The Promotional Items Chair is responsible for NAYGN shirts, cups, office supplies, and other paraphernalia sold through our CafePress pages. This role is great for a creative person who can help manage our sales and look at what items we should offer in the future. If you are interested in a flexible opportunity to get involved, please contact Steve Ward, NAYGN Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CALLING ALL LOCAL CHAPTERS!! What: PI Award SubmittalsWhen: Submit by March 31st ,2015How: Local Chapters please submit your best outreach program (event) to the PI Committee. The submittal should include both a PowerPoint presentation that can be played on a loop that highlights the outreach project and a simple write up. The simple write up should consist of a narrative of the event, number of times the chapter has executed it, metrics: number of people reached, positive mentions in local press, and any other highlights. We encourage all submitters to give as much information and detail as possible.Who: Please email your submittal to PI@naygn.web.zuul.work.
- Conference award nominations opening soon! Nominations for Chapter Awards, Future, and Founders Awards will be opening this month and winners will be recognized at the annual PD Conference in May. Since our members are doing such noteworthy work throughout the year, we are now giving out Excellence Awards on a semi-annual basis and winners will be announced on the website. Nominations for the first round of Excellence Awards will open in the spring. Please contact email@example.com with questions or for more information.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below event.