- Registration continues for the 2015 NAYGN Conference. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Marquis in Washington DC from May 12-14. This year’s conference will be different from previous years: the NAYGN conference has been merged with the Nuclear Energy Assembly (NEA) meeting. NAYGN members will partake in a 2.5-day conference that will commence with a day of NAYGN Professional Development sessions, will include NEA general sessions, and will conclude with a Capitol Hill visit. Please register using the NEA link since this year’s meeting has been merged. NOTE REGISTRATION FEES INCREASE BY $100 AFTER MAY 5th!!!
- NAYGN members are invited to join Nuclear Matters and all their partner groups for an opening reception on Monday, May 11th from 6:00-7:30pm EST at the Marriott Marquis in Washington, DC.
- In advance of the 2015 conference, NAYGN will be hosting a webinar to prepare participants for the Hill Day Event. The webinar will be held on April 28th from 3:00-4:00pm EST. Register in advance to attend this webinar here. Registration information is also posted on the NAYGN events calendar.
- Congratulations to Ciara King from Southern Company’s Vogtle Site on her selection as Promotional Items Chair. If you have ideas about how to improve NAYGN items for sale through Cafe Press, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excellence award nominations open now!!! Since our members are doing such noteworthy work throughout the year, we are now giving out Excellence Awards on a semi-annual basis and winners will be announced on the website. Nominations for the first round of Excellence Awards are now open. Click here to nominate someone! Nominations will close May 15th. Please contact email@example.com with questions or to volunteer for the Awards Committee.
- Do you have an eye for photography? We are looking for a few volunteers to take pictures during the 2015 Professional Development Conference in Washington, DC. Volunteers must bring their own cameras (real cameras, not phones or tablets) to the conference. If you are interested or would like more information, contact Maria Pfeffer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hub Steering Committee has been named and we are now looking for volunteers to fill the sub-committee team member roles. We are currently looking for members for the following sub-committees: Project Management and Finance, Software Selection, Content Expectations and Content Control. If you are interested in participating in this effort, please send an email to email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for young professionals to participant in an industry wide initiative, so don’t miss out!
- Do you enjoy social media? Want to learn more about utilizing social media for public outreach and communications? The twitter team is looking for a few volunteers to actively participate in their posting efforts. Volunteers will receive necessary training. If you are interested or would like more information, contact Monica Beistline at Beistline@exeloncorp.com.
- CALLING LOCAL CHAPTERS!! On May 11th, prior to the NAYGN National Conference, the PI Team is considering hosting a STEM Event at local Washington DC Schools.We are looking for volunteers to help the PI Team reach out to the DC Students. The plan is to visit a couple classrooms at the schools for approximately an hour to host activities for the students (ie. Goldi blox) and will discuss NAYGN and nuclear science. If you are interested in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org.