- We want to thank those that have already filled out the NAYGN Career Survey! If you haven’t had the chance yet, we want to hear from YOU! The NAYGN benchmarking survey is open to all members, and your participation is vital to our success. The survey takes about 10 minutes, is anonymous, and will serve as the voice of NAYGN for the 2016 NAYGN Career Report. Also make sure you fill out the 20 second participation survey for your chapter to get some awesome NAYGN prizes! Survey closes November 12th. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3rd Quarter Excellence Awards are now open! Nominate someone in your chapter or committee for their exceptional performance, effective leadership, committed service, and enthusiasm. Nominations close November 15th.
- The 17th Annual Drawing Contest is under way just in time for National Nuclear Science Week! This year’s theme is “Nuclear Energy Packs a Punch”. The deadline is November 6th, 2015 and this year’s winner will receive many prizes including being featured at the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History. Click here for more information!
- 2016 Call for Sponsorship- 2016 sponsorship letters were sent to the local chapter. If you did not receive your 2016 sponsorship letter or have any questions regarding sponsorship, please contact Carissa Butler or Kristin McCoskey.
- The American Nuclear Society Young Members Group (ANS YMG) invites you to attend the 2015 Young Professional Congress (YPC) on November 7th, 2015 in conjunction with the 2015 ANS Winter Meeting. This one day program will provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry to develop actionable skills and network with diverse attendees. Click here for more info!
- Do you enjoy engaging the public on nuclear energy? Are you social media savvy? Do you retweet, favorite and reply to tweets on Twitter? Do you like to use #hashtags? If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of the NAYGN Twitter team. Interested persons should contact the Twitter Team Lead; Terry Groth or DM him on Twitter.
- Join NNI (NAYGN NSBE initiative)!! This team meets every month to establish a productive relationship between NAYGN and the National Society of Black Engineers to promote a diverse and inclusive workforce in the Nuclear Industry. Contact Toshawnka Walker to join.