It’s time to VOTE for the best candidates to represent NAYGN going forward! The positions up for election are Vice President, Professional Development Chair, Treasurer, Canadian Affairs Chair, and USA Affairs Chair. Candidate biographies, vision, and NAYGN background can be found on the voting website. If you missed the candidate’s interviews on the Meet the Candidates Webinar, you can view it here. Voting closes 3/25.
- Be sure to register for the Innovation Competition Webinar March 30th at 2pm EST. The purpose of this webinar is to discuss the plans for the 2016 Innovation Competition. This will explain how the competition will work and how everyone can participate.
- Register for the Nuclear Energy Institute’s Nuclear Industry Workforce Webinar on April 12th at 2:30pm EST. This webinar will discuss increased recruitment of younger workers beyond retiree compensation, staffing decreases caused recent nuclear plant closures, and why the industry and government should continue working to improve diverse enrollments.
- Did you see who is delivering the keynote address at the 2016 combined Nuclear Energy Assembly and NAYGN Professional Development Conference!?
Fees increase April 25th.
- Want to be a better engineer? Become a Historian of your station! Learn more on the July 19th webinar at 2pm EST.
- Please congratulate the following 4th Quarter 2015 Excellence Award winners!
- The HUB is moving into the Pilot phase! In December, the HUB Steering Committee requested support from industry leaders in identifying participants for the next phase of the project. We are specifically looking for 15 people to help create content, create user/developer guidelines, and test the application. Over the course of 2016, additional pilot participants will be added by private invitation from pilot participants and the steering committee.
- Are you currently enrolled in a nuclear curriculum at an academic institution or have an interest in working in the nuclear sector? Would you like to attend the 2016 Nuclear Energy Assembly in Miami, Florida? If so, apply for a sponsorship.
- Are you currently enrolled at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or above or know someone who is? Dominion is offering 30 paid internships for the summer of 2017 and $5000 in scholarships! Click here for more info. Deadline is May 2016.