“The Quarks of the Core” Webinar Series
Beginning tomorrow and over the course of the next three weeks we will be highlighting our core members in a “Quarks of the Core” webinar series. Listen in, ask questions, and learn more about each Core position.
- August 14 @ 11:00 – 11:30 AM (EST) – Join Here
- President: Lee Causey
- Professional Development: Cayla Thompson
- Communications: Paul Balik
- August 21 @ 11:00 – 11:30 AM (EST) – Join Here
- Vice-President: Amber Von Ruden
- Public Information: Amanda Lang
- US Affairs: Nick Wilson
- August 28 @ 11:00 – 11:30 AM (EST) – Join Here
- Past-President: Christine Johnsen
- Canadian Affairs: Matthew Mairinger
- Treasurer: Monica Beistline
Nuclear Science Week
Nuclear Science Week is quickly approaching, October 14 – 18! If you haven’t started the planning process yet and you are looking for guidance, please let us know or click here for some great resources!
If you have an event or series of events scheduled, please register them on the Nuclear Science Week website: https://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/the-week/local-events/
The “Big Event” this year will be in Washington, D.C. https://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/the-week/. The Nuclear Science Week planning team is actively seeking volunteers for the “Big Event” and if you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year we will also be producing Digital post cards for “Post Card Push Day”. The Government Outreach committee is currently working on the design and if you have any input, we’d love to hear from you! email@example.com
Q3 Excellence Awards
Nominations for the Q3 Excellence Awards are now open. These nominations will be for the time period from July 1 through September 30, with nominations closing on October 15. To recognize a follow member of your chapter, we’d encourage your nominations!
Nominate for Q3 Excellence Awards: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXSK65V
See previous Excellence Award Winners here:
Metrics Update Reminder!
As a reminder, we have completely rehauled the metrics submittal process. Metrics can now be directly submitted to the website easily from your computer, tablet, or phone. We’d encourage you to submit your metrics as events occur and watch our numbers grow in real-time!
Submit Metrics: https://naygn.org/chapter-metrics/
View Live Metrics Charts: https://naygn.org/metrics/
In the News
- Russian missile explosion fallout: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/russian-nuclear-engineers-buried-skyfall-nuclear-blast-190813025930755.html
- Democratic presidential candidates position on nuclear: https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/energy-environment/nuclear-power/
- Nuclear reactor for Mars outpost ready to fly by 2022: https://www.space.com/nuclear-reactor-for-mars-outpost-2022.html
- Ohio AG rejects referendum to overturn HB 6 bill: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/politics/2019/08/12/attorney-general-rejects-nuclear-bailout-repeal-language-dave-yost-davis-besse/stories/20190812160
Follow NAYGN on Social Media and Stay in the Loop on the Social Media Takeover
Stay up to date with NAYGN and please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!