From Your NAYGN Core
- NAYGN’s Public Information Chair Chris Wolfe got Sen. Rick Perry’s attention with her #nuclearishot challenge. Do you have what it takes?
- Want to participate in Post Card Push Day? Contact us with your mailing address by September 15th. The Post Card Push Day is October 12th, and 400 cards have already been ordered!
- We still need help in two committees: Facebook and Benchmarking. If you can spare 1-2 hours a month, we sure would appreciate your help.
- Speaking of benchmarking, did you know our committee surveys, analyzes, and prepares our Career Reports? This is used by industry executives and NAYGN chapters to drive strategies, such as knowledge transfer tools. Want to know more?
- As our friends previously at V.C. Summer 2 and 3 continue to look for opportunities to stay in this great industry, NAYGN would like to recommend one great way to Get Into Energy.
- Know any NAYGNers who stood out last quarter? Let them know by nominating them for an Excellence Award before August 18th.
Hearing From Our Members
- Affected employees, contractors, and supporters of V.C. Summer 2&3 went to South Carolina’s Statehouse earlier this month to voice their support of the nuclear plants, captured in the photo above by a SCANA employee.
- Many employees are looking to the White House for stronger support of nuclear, and have started a petition to drive a response. Please show your support by signing!
- NAYGN loves hearing from our chapters. Please send us your events and photos so we can share with our membership!