From your NAYGN Core
- Please join us in welcoming our new Public Information Chair Amanda Lang! Amanda, pictured above, served as NAYGN’s Student Outreach Chair and will complete the PI Chair term through June 2019.
- In turn, please offer a warm welcome to our new Student Outreach Chair, Holland VanderKrol, who is already hitting the ground running with drawing contest planning.
- Help Wanted: We are looking for a new Webinar Lead to host professional development webinars throughout the year. Interested? Email us.
- ANS invites you to a free 30-minute webinar tomorrow, October 10 at 12:00 PM ET to learn more about ANS’s new K-12 education program featuring nuclear topics and how you can share these curricula with teachers.
- As a reminder, NAYGN’s Drawing Contest will launch this winter, with drawing submissions due in early 2019. More details to come!
Hearing from Our Members
- Our Palo Verde chapter is hosting a Millennial Nuclear Caucus in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Thursday October 18th. The NSW Big Event will also be in Albuquerque during Nuclear Science Week.
- Nuclear Science Week is October 15-19! Here are five ways to celebrate nuclear science week in your hometown!
- Want to make an Impact? Consider submitting a proposal to our 2019 Innovating Our Impact program! Previous recipients include Framatome’s 3-D printed fuel bundle, Duke Energy’s SENSEI program, GE’s Outreach kits, and TVA’s Chapter Health Benchmarking Program. NAYGN can offer you funding and support for ideas that can be shared with other chapters in our industry. Be sure to submit your ideas by November 16th!
- U.S. President Donald Trump signed the Nuclear Energy Innovation Capabilities Act (NEICA). The bill is expected to speed up the development of advance reactors in the U.S. by eliminating several barriers standing in the way of nuclear innovation.
- Want to stay engaged with industry news? NEI has you covered: all you have to do is ask to join their Overview newsletter. We also recommend the fantastic and free SmartBrief subscription provided by ANS.