- Are you looking for a way to share your strengths and skills with NAYGN? We have an opportunity for you! The NAYGN Benchmarking Committee is looking for members to join our team. We will be working on completing the 2013 NAYGN Career Report and need your help. This is a great opportunity to share, demonstrate and build your leadership skills. Volunteers are needed right away! Get involved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is someone in your local NAYGN chapter making a difference? Do you have great events or activities going on in your NAYGN chapter that are worth sharing? Go Nuke would like to shine the spotlight on you. Send details and pictures to, email@example.com. These materials will be used to populate our website blog and may be referenced/duplicated on our Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages. We look forward to hearing about your great work.
- The NAYGN Chapter Health Committee is looking for members!! The Chapter Health Committee is dedicated to helping new and/or struggling chapters overcome some of the obstacles they may be facing. Our goals will be to help our fellow chapters to meet their needs by generating ideas and developing ways helpful to chapter growth and success. For more information or to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you always posting on Facebook or Twitter? Do you love taking pictures and are never without your camera? The Communications committee is recruiting two positions, Social Media Chair and Official NAYGN photographer. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
- October 21 to 25, 2013 is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning your outreach activities for National Nuclear Science Week. There are lots of ideas and materials available on the NNSW website. Check it out: http://www.nuclearscienceweek.org/
- The next webinar for Develop Yourself for Career Success is scheduled for July 16th from 2:00 pm – 3:00pm (EST). The topic will be Learning and Adapting. To join the webinar, please visit https://naygn.org/event/naygn-webinar-develop-yourself-for-career-success-p-3/.
- Mark your calendar to attend the Young Professional Congress (YPC), held in conjunction with the 2013 ANS Winter Meeting.The American Nuclear Society (ANS) Young Members Group (YMG) and the North American Young Generation of Nuclear (NAYGN) designed this one-day program to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals in the nuclear industry. The sessions will provide actionable skills development and broad networking opportunities for all attendees.When: Saturday, November 9, 2013Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C.Members of the ANS and the NAYGN are encouraged to attend. Please note that attendance for the full ANS meeting is not required to attend the YPC. Be on the lookout for more information in upcoming communications.You are also invited to participate in the YMG-sponsored Hill Visit on Thursday, November 14. To prepare participants for this event, a Communicating Effectively with Your Representative prep session will take place Wednesday, November 13. Be on the lookout for more details!
Please note your intent to attend YPC on the following form. Note that this is only to show intent and does not register you for the session. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EdsEbwvWKRjRSX3u4J4qErKZilAsN6VoNiggf9DBBmk/viewform
For more information, contact Gale Hauck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also in the News…
- Congratulations and welcome to our 107th NAYGN chapter: NextEra Energy/FPL – Juno Beach! We’re extremely excited to have a chapter at Juno Beach and are looking forward to their active involvement in NAYGN.
- We want to remind our members that the exciting documentary film on nuclear energy “Pandora’s Promise” is opening in select cities starting June 12th 2013 (see website for a city near you: www.pandoraspromise.com ). We encourage you to see the film along with your friends and family members – spread the word, post it on your Facebook page and twitter account – you can also ‘Like” the film’s Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/PandorasPromise?fref=ts Does your local chapter want to arrange a Pandora’s Promise private screening? NAYGN is in contact with the film’s distributor and we have the opportunity to help set-up private screenings! Please note that these events will need to be funded. Please contact the NAYGN Public Information committee to find out more: email@example.com