From your NAYGN Core
- Happy New Year! 2018 is going to be awesome…
- The 2017 NAYGN Career Report Survey is open through January 15th. Please take the time to share your views, and we’ll build the Career Report to ensure your voice is heard.
- We’re also taking nominations for 4 positions on our Board: Vice President, Professional Development Chair, Canadian Affairs Chair, and Treasurer. Please consider submitting a nomination of someone ready to get involved at the continental level – we need you! Check out the Bylaws for more info, or just ask.
- Are you ready to join Marie on her next adventure? NAYGN will be creating a sequel to Marie’s Electric Adventure, and is looking for your ideas on where she should go next.
- We’ve partnered with ANS YMG again to host the College Video Competition in 2018, where students upload a 2-4 minute video explaining a nuclear topic (Here’s 2016’s winner, Tommy Tran). E-mail Matthew Jasica for full rule and instructions, or check out this flyer.
- Missed our webinar on The New Fire last month? We saved it for you.
- Lastly, we are in need of a Webmaster. If you know your way around WordPress or databases, let us know.
Hearing from Our Members
- Durham’s chapter was invited to exhibit at an open house celebrating nuclear trade careers in the Darlington area, with over 200 9th grade students learning about skilled trade opportunities, accessing the OPG nuclear reactor mock-up, and touring the Darlington power station via bus. What’s more, over 1,800 members of the public came by on Day 2 and were able to see the CANDU reactor mock-up, talk to NAYGNers, and even check out Marie’s Electric Adventure. Durham’s officers Diana Urrego and Matthew Mairinger are pictured above.