From your NAYGN Core
- Want to make an Impact? Consider submitting a proposal to our 2019 Innovating Our Impact program! Previous recipients include Framatome’s 3-D printed fuel bundle, Duke Energy’s SENSEI program, GE’s Outreach kits, and TVA’s Chapter Health Benchmarking Program. NAYGN can offer you funding and support for ideas that can be shared with other chapters in our industry. Be sure to submit your ideas soon! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We want to hear from you! The NAYGN board of directors will meet on 12/1 to finalize the organization’s 2019 strategic plan and develop our 2020-2024 vision. If there is a project or issue you would like to see NAYGN work on, we want to know! Reach out to NAYGN president, Christine Johnsen, at email@example.com, to share your thoughts.
- 2019 is a very important year for NAYGN as it marks our 20th anniversary as an organization. Be on the lookout for some exciting opportunities next year as we turn 20!
Hearing from Our Members
- Couldn’t make it to Maryland for the 5th annual joint Northeast/Atlantic Regional Conference, pictured above? We’ve highlighted four key takeaways from the amazing panelists.
- Canadian Nuclear Association’s Nuclear Hill Day was October 28th and 29th, and it featured a great selection of nuclear advocates from NAYGN, WiN, and other groups. More importantly, it shows the actions and impact young members in our industry can make!
- We offer a big THANK YOU to our 2018 Continental SENSEI Award winners, who have each gone above and beyond to help younger nuclear employees grow and thrive in their careers. Our sixteen SENSEI winners span 12 companies and represent the people that help move KT&R from an idea to an action!
- October may be over but are you looking for a way to keep the National Nuclear Science Week spirit going? Turn awareness into action. With the click of a button, you can join Nuclear Matters in telling legislators about the importance of supporting nuclear energy. Send your policy maker a message today!
- WAre you a nuclear industry employee who wants to engage and inform other supporters? Check out the Nuclear Matters Advocacy Toolkit for some great advocacy resources.