- Annual Member renewal and Elections will start February 16! Check out Core Candidates and join the meet the candidates webinar on February 11th at noon ET!
- Registration has begun for the 2015 NAYGN Conference. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Marquis in Washington DC from May 12-14. This year’s conference will be different from previous years. NAYGN members will partake in a 2.5-day conference that will commence with a day of NAYGN Professional Development sessions and will include Nuclear Energy Assembly (NEA) general sessions and a Capitol Hill visit.Registration:
- Update on the Hub – The Hub is NAYGN’s innovative approach to industry-wide knowledge transfer for young professionals. Last week, Entergy’s Chief Nuclear Officer (CNO) Jeff Forbes sent a letter to all industry CNOs to request nominations for the Hub steering committee. In short, the steering committee is a 10-member oversight group for the various task force(s) that are responsible for developing the Hub business plan. The NAYGN chapter lead (or their designee) is the point of contact to identify and nominate candidates to the steering committee. In addition, NAYGN held a teleconference last week with local chapter leads to describe the role of the chapter point of contact. Special thanks to Wendy Brost (STPNOC) and Laszlo Zsidai (Holtec Int.) for being the first to identify themselves as their site point of contact following the teleconference. To date, NAYGN has received steering committee nominations from INPO, EPRI, NEI, and Entergy’s River Bend. A wider solicitation will be sent to all NAYGN local chapters for volunteers to the associated task force(s) after formation of the steering committee. Please submit questions, the chapter points of contact, and steering committee nominations to email@example.com by February 27.
- ANS is seeking young utility professionals to help steer the direction of the Utility Working Conference “Nuclear Sustainability – Rising to the Challenge.” If you have interest in helping to organize breakout sessions or writing recommendation, please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are or have been a utility worker and have not had an opportunity to take the voluntary survey, please do so.
- The Recruiting and Retention Committee is proud to present its newest initiative to communicate best practices and share creative ideas: the Focus. In the first edition, NAYGN President Felix Meissner discusses leadership, the future of the nuclear industry, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If you have a recommendation for the next Focus, please contact email@example.com.
- INMM Call for Abstracts – Deadline Extended to February 9th! Be a Part of the Premier Meeting in Nuclear Materials Management! Submit an Abstract for the INMM 56th Annual Meeting. Get complete details on the INMM Website.
- CALLING ALL LOCAL CHAPTERS!! What: PI Award Submittals
When: Submit by March 31st ,2015
How: Local Chapters please submit your best outreach program (event) to the PI Committee. The submittal should include both a PowerPoint presentation that can be played on a loop that highlights the outreach project and a simple write up. The simple write up should consist of a narrative of the event, number of times the chapter has executed it, metrics: number of people reached, positive mentions in local press, and any other highlights. We encourage all submitters to give as much information and detail as possible.
Who: Please email your submittal to PI@naygn.web.zuul.work.
- Conference award nominations opening soon! Nominations for Chapter Awards, Future, and Founders Awards will be opening this month and winners will be recognized at the annual PD Conference in May. Since our members are doing such noteworthy work throughout the year, we are now giving out Excellence Awards on a semi-annual basis and winners will be announced on the website. Nominations for the first round of Excellence Awards will open in the spring. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
Click here to view the NAYGN event calendar and learn more about the below event.
- Meet the Candidates Webinar – February 11, 2015