Quarterly Excellence Awards
Congratulations to the Q1 Excellence Award winners!
- Robert Laughlin, Chapter: Enercon – Kennesaw
- Elizabeth Mohan, Chapter: NextEra Energy – Seabrook
- Karthik Makayee, Chapter: Exelon – LaSalle
- Ryan Elsener, Chapter: Exelon – LaSalle
- Jacob Krizmanich, Chapter: Dominion – Innsbrook
To read more about their achievements, please navigate to the awards page.
Nominations for the Q2 Excellence Award are now open as well! Click here to nominate a member of your chapter.
Social Media ‘20 for 20’ Chapter Takeover
We are calling all chapters to participate in the ‘20 for 20’ Chapter Takeover. Beginning, the week of July 14th and extending through the end of November, we will be giving a chapter the control of the NAYGN social media accounts for an entire week to post, share, and update the organization on all the great things happening at your site.
National Conference Photos Available
You will need to login with your NEI member account or register. The photos are available as a spotlight collection on the dashboard of Media Assets or by searching for 2019 NAYGN.
The annual award photos and the associated winners will be posted to the NAYGN website in the near future.
Get Ready for Nuclear Science Week
As a reminder, Nuclear Science Week is quickly approaching, October 14 – 18! We know that you all routinely plan excellent event that focus on the key NAYGN pillars and the mission of Nuclear Science week. If you have an event or series of events scheduled, please register them on the Nuclear Science Week website. For your awareness, the “Big Event” this year will be in Washington, D.C.
If you haven’t started the planning process yet and you are looking for guidance, please let us know or click here for some great resources!
Committee Lead Opportunities
The Benchmarking committee and Engagement committee are still in need of a committee lead. If you’d like to be involved or you are interesting in learning more details, please contact email@example.com.
We’ve also got a few other opportunities to get involved, see below for more details.
- Professional Development Committees: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Development Conference
- Public Information Committees: Contact email@example.com
- Nuclear 101
- Public Information Communication
- Communication Committees: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Social Media Challenge, YouTube)
- Treasurer Committee: Contact email@example.com
Stay Up to Date on Industry News
If you haven’t already, we’d suggest registering for the ANS SmartBrief. The SmartBrief accumulates relevant trending industry news and sends an update directly to your email inbox. Click here to start the registration process.
Related to trending news, the HBO series “Chernobyl” has been critically acclaimed for its portrayal of the event and we are sure you’re friends and family have questions. NEI has published a few good resources that review the event and lay out fact from fiction.
A few other articles to highlight as well:
- Third Way has published an interactive map of all the locations where Advanced Nuclear reactors are currently being developed. If you haven’t seen the map yet, we’d encourage you to check it out!
- In world news, Iran is set to exceed the 2015 nuclear deal’s limit on uranium: https://www.npr.org/2019/06/17/733327050/iran-says-it-will-exceed-nuclear-deals-limit-on-uranium-in-10-days
Follow NAYGN on Social Media
Stay up to date with NAYGN and please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!